Sunday, February 28, 2021

Computer Problems / Our Lady and The Aeneid

The computer I use to write these posts is broken. My retelling of the end of the Second Aeneid is written and ready to go but I can't access it. I've no idea at the moment when it will be fixed. Could be days, could be weeks. I just don't know. I'll post the story as soon as I'm able.

Just while I'm here I'd like to point out briefly that there are numerous proto-Christian elements in Virgil's account of the fall of Troy and also in The Aeneid as a whole. The Medievals knew this well. I've tried to draw these out a wee bit in my version. There's no doubt in my mind, for instance, that just as it's Aeneas's divine mother, Venus, who leads him out of the ruined city and imbues him with a higher destiny, so it will be our blessed Mother - Our Lady, The Theotokos - who will save us from the burning marl of our collective auto-da-fe and point us towards the future - a future who is also a person, of course - Christ the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment